The health and safety of students, faculty and staff remains UNC Charlotte’s top priority. The University plans to open for the fall 2021 semester to pre-pandemic operations while continuing to monitor the situation around coronavirus (COVID-19) in close collaboration with local and state resources. For more information about campus operations, visit Niner Nation Cares.
Below are the most recent updates regarding Undergraduate Admissions and enrollment, services, and events.
April 1, 2022 — Update
Update at 11 p.m. — At this time Slate Technolutions has resolved the issues they were previously experiencing. You may once again access your portal or view updated information. Thank you for your patience!
Announcement at 5 p.m. — Due to a nationwide vendor outage, with Slate Technolutions, admissions decisions will be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and are connecting with our vendor to ensure the issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Students applying for 2022 terms
We have moved to Slate!
- In an effort to better serve our students throughout the enrollment process, we have transitioned to this platform.
- Current high school seniors or transfers may access the Future 49er Portal to begin their application, monitor their application status, review the checklist, and upload certain materials.
- Access to the previous portal will be disabled.
One essay is required
- If you are applying using the Common App, the essays prompts are located within the application and must be submitted when you apply. You may choose from these Common App essay prompts.
- If you are applying by CFNC or the Future 49er Application, choose from one of these essay prompts. Submit your essay by uploading it in the "upload materials" section of the Future 49er Portal or submit via email at email@example.com.
- Review this page for information on how your essay will be used in the admission review process.
SAT and ACT test scores are optional
- For 2022 freshmen applicants, submitting the SAT or ACT is optional due to the limited testing opportunities caused by COVID-19.
- Test scores, if submitted, will not be the primary reason for our admission decision; they are considered in context and as supplemental information.
Grades of Pass/Fail
- We will review transcripts with the clear understanding that grades may look different from prior performance due to the impacts of COVID-19.
- Grades of P will be considered as meeting required courses and will not have an impact on the admission decision or GPA.
- If given the option to choose an earned grade or a P in a course, we encourage students to select the option that they feel best represents their individual performance. There is no right or wrong decision. If a student earned an A or B in a course, we encourage them to take the grade. You worked for that grade, and under these circumstances, that is a great reflection of effort!
- A student's admission decision is going to be based on more than a single calculated GPA. We will look for grade trends in 9th, 10th and 11th grade before/after the school year was interrupted. We might ask for midyear grade reports in senior year as we make decisions if we feel it will benefit a student in the review.
Extracurricular Activities and Other Supplemental Materials
- We understand that extracurricular involvement has also been limited unexpectedly this year. We will review a student's activities and accomplishments with that in mind and assume that they would have continued involvement at the same level or to an even greater extent if possible.
- We encourage students to begin thinking about how they will use the Common App's COVID-19 question or a supplemental personal statement to describe any special circumstances around grades or performance this year. Either option will be a way for a student to share how the interruption to the school year impacted performance and any related decisions they made about grades.
Connect with us!
Admissions counselors are available to serve you Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 704-687-5507
- Website: admissions.charlotte.edu
- Social Media: @UNCCadmissions