You're on the right track to being a 49er!
International freshman students will need to submit the following to be reviewed for admission at UNC Charlotte:
1. Application and Application Fee of $80
2. Proof of English ability
We require all applicants whose first language is not English to adequately demonstrate English competency as a part of the application process. Please read our Proof of English Proficiency for methods through which students may demonstrate competency.
3. Official School Records
In order for us to review your application, we require school records or transcripts for the last four years of pre-university curriculum. A complete transcript will have the courses you have taken and your grades/marks for each course from grades 9 through 11 or through 12 if you have completed high school. If 9th grade is your middle school year, then the transcript can be submitted for 10-12 grades.
In addition, we also require you to send in your exam scores, for example, GCSE results, CXC results, CAPE exam results, A-level exam results, Senior Secondary exam results, Higher senior secondary results, Abitur, etc.
- We recommend completion of 4 courses of English language and literature, 4 courses of Mathematics, 3 courses of Science, 2 courses of History/Social Science, and 2 courses of the same Foreign Language (which may be English).
|Applicant Type||Documents to submit|
|Foreign secondary school (not yet graduated)||Official transcripts in the native language with an official English translation if documents are not issued in English|
|Foreign secondary school graduate but has not enrolled in college/university since graduating||
See documents required by country
Official transcripts in the native language with an official English translation if documents are not issued in EnglishOfficial secondary school diploma in the native language with an official English translation if documents are not issued in English
|US accredited high school overseas||Official high school transcripts|
|US high school graduate||Official high school transcripts. Students who did not complete all four years of high school in the U.S. must submit the official transcripts for the years completed outside of the U.S. Transcripts must be submitted in the native language with an official English translation if documents are not issued in English|
4. Submit one required essay
- If you are applying using the Common App, the essays prompts are located within the application and must be submitted when you apply. You may choose from these Common App essay prompts.
- If you are applying by the Future 49er Application, choose from one of these essay prompts and submit it to the admissions office by email or mail.
- Review this page for information on how your essay will be used in the admission review process.
5. SAT or ACT score
- For 2022 freshmen applicants, submitting the SAT or ACT is optional due to the limited testing opportunities caused by COVID-19