Once we receive all the required transcripts, the review process normally takes approximately 6-8 weeks. Please know that processing times may vary throughout the year, with priority given to applications for the upcoming term.
|TERM||APPLICATION & FEE PAYMENT DEADLINE*||TRANSCRIPTS & DOCUMENTS DEADLINE||TERM BEGINS|
|Fall||July 1||July 15||September|
|Spring||November 15||December 1||January|
|1st Summer||May 1||May 1||May|
|2nd Summer||May 15||May 15||July|
* Application and payment of $75 application fee must be received by the date shown for each term.
General Education Exemption
- As a second degree student, you will earn a General Education exemption, which means that you have satisfied the General Education component of your degree program. If no prerequisite coursework is required for your prospective second degree, you will typically be responsible for upper level coursework only.
- Second degree students must complete at least the last 25% of baccalaureate degree requirements, including the last 12 semester hours, in residence at UNC Charlotte in order to earn the degree.
- Your cumulative GPA from your first degree earned will be used for admission purposes unless you’ve taken additional coursework after completing your Bachelor’s degree.
- Second-degree seeking students are not required to attend orientation (SOAR). However, to register for classes, you will be required to meet with an academic advisor in your department.
- Your admission letter will offer information about next steps in the enrollment process.
- The admissions office does not evaluate and award transfer credits for second degree students.
- Your departmental advisor will review your prior credits to determine if you have any coursework that will satisfy second degree requirements.
- Students who hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution will NOT be required to satisfy the UNC Charlotte General Education requirements for a second degree. You may, however, be required to complete prerequisite courses before advancing in your major requirements.