Readmission relates to students who are former degree-seeking undergraduate students of UNC Charlotte.
Applying for Readmission
You would need to apply for undergraduate readmission if you:
- Earned your first degree at UNC Charlotte and would like to return to earn a minor, second major, or second degree.
- Second degree seeking students cannot apply as an undecided major. You must choose a major during the readmission application process if you will be seeking a second bachelor’s degree.
- Are a previous degree-seeking student who transferred out of UNC Charlotte, did not complete a degree elsewhere and now you want to return or have earned your first bachelor’s degree at another institution and want to return to UNC Charlotte for another undergraduate program.*
- Have been previously placed on Academic Suspension or Disciplinary Suspension. (Read more about readmission qualifications after being suspended.)
- Have not been enrolled for 12 consecutive months after the semester last attended at UNC Charlotte.
- Example: You attended the Spring 2020 semester and did not enroll by the Spring 2021 semester.
*Note: Readmit students are former degree-seeking undergraduate students of UNC Charlotte. If you have never been a degree-seeking undergraduate student at UNC Charlotte, you should NOT apply for readmission; however, one of the following scenarios may apply to you:
- If you would like to participate in one of our undergraduate programs, you can apply for undergraduate admission as a new student.
- If you would like to take undergraduate courses to transfer back to another institution at which you are degree-seeking, you can apply for undergraduate admission as a visiting student. You apply to be a visiting student with Undergraduate Admissions even if you have been a visiting student at UNC Charlotte previously.
- If you have completed your bachelor’s degree and would like to take undergraduate and/or graduate level courses without entering into a program, you can apply as a post-baccalaureate with Graduate Admissions. The post-bac admission type is only available for students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree.
- If you have completed your bachelor’s degree and would like to seek a graduate program (Graduate Certificate, Master’s, Doctoral), please visit the Graduate Admissions website for more information about applying for Graduate Admission.