If you need help paying for your education, our Financial Aid team is here to support you during your time at Charlotte.
What is FAFSA?
There are many different types of financial aid available to students, but before making decisions on which combination is best for you, you will need to complete just one application.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) required to apply for any type of financial aid such as federal grants, state grants, student and parent loans, federal work-study employment.
- The FAFSA opens each year on Oct. 1 and we encourage you to complete your application as early as possible.
- You will want to include the UNC Charlotte school code (002975) on the application to ensure we receive your FAFSA information.
- Charlotte’s priority deadline for the FAFSA is Jan. 1 and funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you submit your FAFSA by Jan. 1, you will receive your financial aid offer by Mar. 15.
Applying for financial aid is an action you can take before you are admitted to Charlotte and we encourage you to start applying for financial aid as soon as possible. For more information, visit Niner Central.