We occasionally defer applicants to regular decision who have good academic credentials, but from whom we would like more information before making an admissions decision. Your application remains under active consideration. We will make a final decision on your application by Apr. 1. If you are offered a spot in our fall class, you will have enough time to complete the next steps in the enrollment process.
“Defer” Not Necessarily a “Deny”
- A deferred decision allows us time to request more information from you. We are giving you the opportunity to provide your mid-year grades so we can consider this updated information when making your admission decision.
- Many applicants who are deferred are offered admission to Charlotte for either the fall, spring or an alternate pathway.
Helpful Tips and Next Steps for Deferred Applicants
Have your mid-year transcript sent to us by March 15.
- If your school is not able to provide a mid-year report by Mar.15, please notify an Admissions Counselor by calling our office at 704-687-5507.
Want to learn more about our deferral process?
- Connect with your Admissions Counselor to schedule a one on one appointment.
Apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA by the March 1 priority deadline.
- You do not have to wait until you have received an admissions decision to complete the FAFSA. We strongly recommend that you complete it by no later than Mar. 1.
Watch for your final admission decision to arrive in the mail by April 1.