Academic Enrichment for High School Students
UNC Charlotte’s Pre-Collegiate Enrichment Program (PEP) provides an opportunity for highly qualified high school juniors and seniors who have exhausted all course options available at their high school to take college credit courses while still enrolled in high school.
Requirements for Enrollment
- Junior or senior in high school
- Minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.8 and test scores consistent with first-year admission ranges
- Must have exhausted all related course options at their current high school
- Submit official transcripts and test scores (SAT, ACT)* (Optional)
- Submit a letter of permission from your high school counselor or principal
- Payment of non-refundable $75 application processing fee
- Once Charlotte receives all application materials (online application, transcripts, scores, recommendations and application fee), the file will be reviewed and a decision rendered.
- A decision letter will be mailed directly to your home address, and admitted students will receive instructions for advising and registration.
|Spring Terms (January)||Nov. 15||January|
|Summer Full Term/Summer First Half Term (May)||May 1||May|
|Summer Second Half Term (July)||June 1||July|
|Fall Semester||July 1||August|
Residency for Tuition Purposes
- To qualify for in-state residency for tuition purposes, you must apply through the Residency Determination Service.
- Upon completion of the process, you'll receive a Residency Certification Number (RCN). Provide the RCN to UNC Charlotte either on your application or by emailing email@example.com.
- It is important that the residency process is completed using the student’s information and not the parent’s information.
Tuition, Fees and On-Campus Parking
- View current tuition and fees.
- Students must provide their transportation to UNC Charlotte and pay for on-campus parking.