First-Year Admitted for Fall

Congratulations, Niner!

Our large university with a small college feel, warm and sunny location, and outstanding academics are just a few reasons why students choose to stake their claim at UNC Charlotte. 

Please follow the next steps below to complete your enrollment process.

  • You can submit your intent to enroll after Feb 1 but before May 1.
  • Let us know you are enrolling! First, review your letter in the portal, then go to the "Submit Your Intent to Enroll" link under "Forms” in your Future 49er Portal.
  • An enrollment deposit is not required.
  • You must submit your intent to enroll to reserve your orientation session. However, you do not have to submit your intent to enroll to take action on the other next steps.
  • Go to and click on the "Activate Account" button, then follow the instructions provided.
  • Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log in to My Charlotte (, your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
  • If you are interested in living on campus starting in the Fall, the online housing application will be available in November. Review your housing options.
  • Housing applications are processed in the order they are received, but priority status is given to those who apply prior to June 1st.
  • It is important that you complete an online housing application and pay your $200 housing deposit in order to be considered for housing placement.
  • You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
  • If you have submitted unofficial scores, we will contact you if your official scores are needed. 
  • Official test scores must be received by Undergraduate Admissions in order to register for SOAR, and no later than June 1st. 
  • Click here for more information about self-reported test scores. (UNC Charlotte school codes: SAT: 5105; ACT: 3163)
  • All students are required to attend SOAR (Student Orientation and Academic Resources) during the summer prior to enrollment in Fall.
  • As part of SOAR, students will complete three parts: pre-orientation modules, self-paced course registration, and an in-person orientation program.
  • Reservations for the program will be available starting Apr. 6 in your Future 49er Portal, with New Student Registration Week taking place June 6-10 and in-person sessions beginning in mid-June. For more information on your SOAR requirement, visit
  • You may submit your intent to enroll in the Future 49er Portal. Once submitted, you will have access to the SOAR reservation system (opens April 6).
  • Students are required to have health insurance and proof of immunization. 
  • You have the option to remain on your own insurance or buy Student Blue Student Health Insurance
  • If you have health insurance coverage, you must submit a waiver of insurance or else you will be charged. You can do this beginning in June.
  • Please upload your immunization record to the Student Health Center portal anytime after May, but before you attend SOAR.
  • High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center.
  • Any AP or dual enrollment credits will be added to your record prior to SOAR as long as Admissions has received your official score report or transcripts.
  • For information about COVID-19 interruptions to these credit policies, view the Admissions Updates web page.
  • Required if you are currently enrolled in either high school or college.
  • The final transcript must show your graduation date.
  • Admission to the University is conditional on your satisfactory completion of courses.
  • Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines.
  • It is your responsibility to ensure that your final high school and/or college transcript is submitted to the Undergraduate Admissions office prior to enrollment.
  • A registration hold will be placed on your record if a transcript is not received.
  • For information about COVID-19 interruptions to transcript and grading policies, view the Admissions Updates web page.
  • If you claimed North Carolina residency on your admission application, and have not already done so, please complete the residency process with the Residency Determination Service at and provide your residency certification number (RCN) to the admissions office as soon as possible to ensure your bill reflects the correct tuition rate.
  • You may upload your RCN from your application portal. Please direct questions regarding residency to the Residency Determination Service at 844.319.3640. 
  • Math placement levels are assigned to you based on your official SAT or ACT math scores or by completing UNC Charlotte's Math Placement Assessment.
  • If you have AP credit or transferable math credit from another institution, you will not be assigned a math placement level but will be permitted to register for the next appropriate math course after your official AP scores or official college transcript is received and added to your credit.
  • If you have not been assigned a math placement level, do not have transferable math credit, or wish to increase your math level, you are required to complete the Math Placement Assessment prior to completing course registration as part of SOAR. Learn how to locate your assigned math placement level and view more information about math placement here.
  • Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing.
  • Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.

Connect with Us