Transfers Admitted for Spring

Congratulations, Niner!

Please follow the steps below to complete your enrollment process as a transfer student.

Submit your Intent to Enroll

  • Once you have decided to attend UNC Charlotte, let us know you are enrolling by going to the “Submit Your Intent to Enroll” link under “Forms” in your Future 49er Portal.
  • Admitted transfer students for the spring are asked to submit their intent to enroll as soon as possible.
  • An enrollment deposit is not required.
  • You do not have to submit your intent to enroll to take action on the other next steps.
Apply for financial aid

Financial Aid

*The FAFSA is changing for the 2024-2025 aid year. As the Department of Education works to finalize the FAFSA Simplification Act, know that Charlotte is committed to communicating changes to the awarding process and anticipated impacts to our students and families as soon as details are confirmed. Please monitor your University email for additional information.

Complete Title IV Authorization

  • If you are receiving financial aid, completing this authorization gives the University permission to use your remaining balance to pay for student account charges other than tuition, fees and room and board.  Visit Niner Central for more information.
Activate your NinerNET account

  • Go to and click on the “Activate Account” button, then follow the instructions provided.
  • Your NinerNET Account is your official University username and password that you will use to log in to My Charlotte (, your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
Decide on your housing plans

  • If you choose to live on campus, complete an online housing application and submit your $100 housing application fee.
  • You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located on your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
  • If you decide to live off-campus, our search database will help you learn more about the area and your off-campus housing options.
Review how your classes transferred to UNC Charlotte

Reserve your spot for New Student Orientation

  • All students are required to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) before starting classes.
  • Sign up for your session beginning in November in the Future 49er Portal.
  • You must submit your Intent to Enroll in the Future 49er Portal. Once submitted, you will have access to the NSO reservation system.
  • The spring NSO sessions will be held in early December and January, prior to the start of classes. Advising and course registration will take place prior to your in-person session.
  • Note: Students earning a second bachelor’s degree or enrolled in a 100% online program are not required to attend NSO but must contact their academic department to schedule an advising appointment before registering for classes.
Submit health insurance info and upload your immunization records

  • Students are required to have health insurance and proof of immunization.
  • You have the option to remain on your own insurance or buy Student Blue Student Health Insurance.
  • If you have health insurance coverage, you must submit a waiver of insurance or else you will be charged.
  • Please upload your immunization record to the Student Health Center portal before you attend NSO.
  • High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center.
  • Note: Students enrolled in a 100% online program are not required to submit health insurance.
Review important tuition information

Are you an adult or non-traditional student?

  • The Office of Adult Students & Extended Services (OASES) provides advising services for students over the age of 24 and is open during the day and early evening hours to serve those students taking evening courses.
Submit your final transcripts

  • If you currently have classes in progress, your admission to the university is contingent upon your satisfactory completion of those courses.
  • You must submit a final college transcript showing your final grades in your current coursework prior to enrollment.
  • A registration hold will be placed on your record if the final college transcript is not submitted.
  • Be mindful that evaluations of transfer credit cannot be completed until we receive your final, official college transcript(s).
  • Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines. Transfer students must maintain an overall 2.0 grade point average to enroll in the University.

Second Degree Students:

  • Because you have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, you have satisfied the UNC Charlotte general education requirements.
  • Second Degree candidates receive 90 hours of transfer credit from their first bachelor’s degree.
  • Second Degree students who are in the RN-to-BSN program receive 52 credit hours.
  • The Admissions Office will not prepare a course-by-course evaluation of your academic transcript, however, we will evaluate all prior coursework and award course credit for those courses that meet major-specific prerequisites. The remaining credit hours will be awarded as transfer elective credit.
Submit your residency certification number

  • If you claimed North Carolina residency on your admission application, and have not already done so, please complete the residency process with the Residency Determination Service at and provide your residency certification number (RCN) to the admissions office as soon as possible to ensure your bill reflects the correct tuition rate.
  • You may upload your RCN from your application portal. Please direct questions regarding residency to the Residency Determination Service at 844.319.3640.
Report any changes to Undergraduate Admissions

  • Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing.
  • Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.