Why Study at UNC Charlotte?
Life at UNC Charlotte is full of possibilities. We are a respected academic institution made up of seven colleges offering over 170 majors in 79 programs leading to Bachelor’s degrees, 64 Master’s degrees, and 24 Doctoral degrees. You’ll be introduced to caring faculty, explore groundbreaking research opportunities, and enjoy our hands-on approach to innovative learning.
- As the fastest growing university and the second largest in the state, our campus includes state-of-the-art classrooms, labs, research facilities, and residence halls.
- As an urban research institution, UNC Charlotte is a driving force of growth, discovery and innovation for the metro Carolinas.
- Numerous industry partnerships with the Fortune 500 companies in the area give students experiential learning opportunities.
- 90% of our students participate in these internships, co-ops, and part-time jobs, making them more competitive for employment opportunities after graduation.
- Charlotte has a generally warm climate.
- By car, the university is a quick two hours away from the Appalachian mountains, and three hours away from the beaches of the Atlantic ocean.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport is only 20 minutes away from our main campus.
- Charlotte light rail (LYNX) connects us with the center city.
- With a UNC Charlotte ID, students have free access to the city’s public transportation.
- Plenty of restaurants with international cuisine are at a short distance from the campus.
Strong Academic Preparation
- UNC Charlotte students enjoy exploring 171 undergraduate majors, 65 graduate degrees, and 22 Doctoral programs.
- Outside the classroom, students are involved in over 400 student clubs and organizations.
Easy Application Process
- Interviews and recommendation letters are not required for admission to the university.
- There are various ways to meet English proficiency requirements.
- International students can apply for both spring and fall semesters.