As you apply for admission to UNC Charlotte…
Use this detailed month-by-month timeline to stay on track of multiple UNC Charlotte deadlines. We encourage you to apply early to ensure that all deadlines are met. Our admissions counselors are also a great resource in explaining the application process and deadlines. You are welcome to contact our office if you have questions about this timeline.
Please note that some departments and majors have supplemental applications or auditions.
- Learn more about UNC Charlotte, explore the website, and plan a visit if you are in the USA
- Make sure that your high school academic performance meets our admission requirements.
- Create a Future 49er Portal account to get on our mailing and email communication list
- Investigate career options. Do you know what you want to major in?
- Start practicing for English Proficiency tests, SAT and/or ACT if needed for your application. Visit test preparation websites
- Register and complete tests required for your future UNC Charlotte application (for example, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT)
- Start working on your UNC Charlotte application
- Like our Facebook page for Future 49ers, follow us on Twitter or Instagram, and meet other students who are interested in attending UNC Charlotte
September – October
- Monitor Future 49er Portal to ensure that all application materials have been received
- If applying for Art, complete the supplemental application and compile a portfolio
- If applying for Architecture, complete the supplemental application and compile a portfolio
- If applying for Music, complete the supplemental application and prepare for your audition
- Apply by the Early Action November 1 deadline and you will receive a response by January 30
- If you are interested in applying for the University Honors Program, submit a separate application by December 15
- Check your Future 49er Portal by January 30 for your decision
- If admitted and plan on attending UNC Charlotte, follow your enrollment steps
- Apply for housing if you plan on living on campus and consider living in International House
- Apply by the Regular Deadline of February 1 and you will receive a response by April 1
- Notify Admissions of your intent to enroll in your Future 49er Web Portal after February 1 but before May 1. In your portal, you’ll find the “enrollment decision” link under “Check Status”. An enrollment deposit is not required.
- Apply for university scholarships by Feb 15.
- If admitted and plan on attending UNC Charlotte on F-1 visa, complete the Financial Certification Form to be issued an I-20
- Register for Student, Orientation, Advisement, and Registration (SOAR)
- Notify Admissions of your intent to enroll in your Future 49er Portal by May 1. In your portal, you’ll find the “enrollment decision” link under “Check Status”. An enrollment deposit is not required.
- Apply for a visa if needed at your local US embassy
Summer after Senior Year
- Attend Student, Orientation, Advisement, and Registration (SOAR)
- Upload your immunization record
- Submit official test scores, final credential evaluation, or final U.S. transcripts if you have not submitted them previously.
- Begin preparing for arrival at UNC Charlotte. Students on F-1 visas can enter the U.S. 30 days before classes begin.