Transfers Admitted for Fall

Congratulations, Niner!

Please follow the steps below to complete your enrollment process as a transfer student.
  • Once you have decided to attend UNC Charlotte, let us know you are enrolling by going to the "Submit Your Intent to Enroll" link under "Forms” in your Future 49er Portal.
  • Admitted transfer students are asked to submit their intent to enroll by June 1st or within 2 weeks of receiving their admissions decision if admitted after June 1st.
  • An enrollment deposit is not required.
  • You do not have to submit your intent to enroll to take action on the other next steps.
  • The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required, and is available online after October 1 for the upcoming academic year.
  • Our school code is 002975. 
  • If you submit your FAFSA by Jan 1, you will receive an aid offer by Mar 1.
  • If you submit your FAFSA by March 1, you will receive an aid offer by Apr 15.
  • Go to and click on the “Activate Account" button, then follow the instructions provided.
  • Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log in to My Charlotte (, your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
  • If you are interested in living on campus starting in the Fall, the online housing application will be available in November. Review your housing options.
  • If you choose to live on campus, complete an online housing application and submit your $200 housing deposit.
  • You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
  • If you decide to live off-campus, our search database will help you learn more about the area and your off-campus housing options.
  • All incoming students are required to complete SOAR (Student Orientation & Academic Resources).
  • Once you confirm your enrollment in the Future 49er Portal, you will be able to reserve your spot for orientation in that portal when the system opens on April 6.
  • As part of SOAR, students will complete three parts: pre-orientation modules, self-paced course registration, and an in-person orientation program.
  • Reservations for the program will be available starting Apr. 6 in your Future 49er Portal, with New Student Registration Week taking place June 6-10 and in-person sessions beginning in mid-June. For more information on your SOAR requirement, visit
  • Once you confirm your enrollment in the Future 49er Portal, you will be able to reserve your spot for orientation in that portal when the system opens on April 6.
  • Students earning a second degree and any student beginning in the Summer I term must contact your academic department to schedule an advising appointment prior to registering for classes.
  • Students are required to have health insurance and proof of immunization. 
  • You have the option to remain on your own insurance or buy Student Blue Student Health Insurance
  • If you have health insurance coverage, you must submit a waiver of insurance or else you will be charged. You can do this beginning in June.
  • Please upload your immunization record to the Student Health Center portal anytime after May, but before you attend SOAR.
  • High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center.
  • The Office of Adult Students and Evening Services (OASES) provides advising services for students over the age of 24 and is open during the day and early evening hours to serve those students taking evening courses.
  • If you currently have classes in progress, your admission to the university is contingent upon your satisfactory completion of those courses.
  • You must submit a final college transcript showing your final grades in your current coursework prior to enrollment.
  • A registration hold will be placed on your record if the final college transcript is not submitted. 
  • Be mindful that evaluations of transfer credit cannot be completed until we receive your final, official college transcript(s).
  • Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines. Transfer students must maintain an overall 2.0 grade point average to enroll in the University.

Second Degree Students:

  • Because you have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, you have satisfied the UNC Charlotte general education requirements.
  • Second-degree candidates receive 90 hours of transfer credit from their first bachelor's degree. 
  • Second Degree students who are in the RN-to-BSN program receive 52 credit hours.
  • The Admissions Office will not prepare a course-by-course evaluation of your academic transcript, however, we will evaluate all prior coursework and award course credit for those courses that meet major-specific prerequisites. The remaining credit hours will be awarded as transfer elective credit.
  • Math placement levels are assigned to you based on your official SAT or ACT math scores or by completing UNC Charlotte's Math Placement Assessment.
  • If you have AP credit or transferable math credit from another institution, you will not be assigned a math placement level but will be permitted to register for the next appropriate math course after your official AP scores or official college transcript is received and added to your credit.
  • If you have not been assigned a math placement level, do not have transferable math credit, or wish to increase your math level, you are required to complete the Math Placement Assessment prior to completing course registration as part of SOAR. Learn how to locate your assigned math placement level and view more information about math placement here.
  • If you claimed North Carolina residency on your admission application, and have not already done so, please complete the residency process with the Residency Determination Service at and provide your residency certification number (RCN) to the admissions office as soon as possible to ensure your bill reflects the correct tuition rate.
  • You may upload your RCN from your application portal. Please direct questions regarding residency to the Residency Determination Service at 844.319.3640. 
  • Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing.
  • Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.

Connect With Us