If you need help paying for your education, our Financial Aid team is here to support you during your time at Charlotte.
What is FAFSA?
There are many different types of financial aid available to students, but before making decisions on which combination is best for you, you will need to complete just one application. Applying for financial aid is an action you can take before you are admitted to Charlotte and we encourage you to start applying for financial aid as soon as possible. For more information, visit Niner Central.
2024-2025 Aid Year
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) required to apply for any type of financial aid such as federal grants, state grants, student and parent loans, federal work-study employment.
- The 2024-25 FAFSA opened on Dec. 31 and we encourage you to complete your application as early as possible.
- You will want to include the UNC Charlotte school code (002975) on the application to ensure we receive your FAFSA information.
- Charlotte’s priority deadline for the 2024-25 FAFSA is March 1 and funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The FAFSA has changed for the 2024-2025 aid year. As the Department of Education works to finalize the FAFSA Simplification Act, know that Charlotte is committed to communicating changes to the awarding process and anticipated impacts to our students and families as soon as details are confirmed. Please monitor your University email for additional information.