Hiring Student Intern
Communications/Social Media Marketing Internship (Spring 2019)
Who We Are:
- The Office of Enrollment Communications is an in-house resource for Admissions and seven other offices in Enrollment Management, providing effective graphic design, marketing, communication and website production for each department.
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Financial Aid
- Niner Central Student Services
- Residency Determination
- University Scholarship Office
- Adult Students & Evening Services
Approximate Hours Per Week:
- 10-12 hrs
This role is designed to support Enrollment Communications Marketing Coordinators & Graphic Designers. The Communications/Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing Undergraduate Admissions social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The student assumes other responsibilities as required by Marketing Coordinators for the Department of Enrollment Communications. The following is a list of the fundamental responsibilities of the position.
Primary Job Duties
- Schedule and coordinate a monthly social media content calendar.
- Establish content ideas for the month ahead and plan them on the content calendar
- Write, edit, and publish creative copy across various social media platforms, optimizing social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audiences behaviors.
- Create new social media campaign ideas
- Manage daily social postings with creative content
- Coordinate with internal teams to create advertising/social media graphics from your graphic designer before scheduled date of post
- Use tools such as hootsuite premium to monitor conversations, schedule posts, and aggregate interesting content for campaign ideas, and identify influencers
- Use Photoshop and Canva as needed for resizing of images and placing logos/text when needed
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with Social Media Ambassador Program needs.
- Learn how to utilize our digital asset management system to download and upload photos to system and organize our photo files on our dropbox drive.
- Assist Marketing Coordinators with other office communication efforts across 7 Enrollment Management Departments
- Must love coming up with creative content ideas that support the UNC Charlotte brand
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage projects and campaigns
- Knowledge of social media content creation
- Ability to work well individually and as a team
- possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- digital creative that is adept at using words and graphics to tell a story online
- Submit an application on Hire a Niner – Job ID39310
- For any questions or additional portfolio materials, email email@example.com.
- This is not a paid internship, but can be used for class credit
- Follow up with your Internship Director from your academic major department to receive approval for class credit