Transfer from 2-Year Community College with an Associate Degree
- Completion of the Minimum High School Course Requirements:
- Students under the age of 21 by the time of enrollment at UNC Charlotte are required to have completed the Minimum High School Course Requirements or the appropriate coursework at the college level.
- Students who are 21 or older at the time of enrollment are not required to meet the Minimum High School Course Requirements but must have a demonstrated background in mathematics.
- 24 transferable semester hours from a regionally accredited institution.
- 2.0 cumulative college GPA for all courses college-level courses
- Student must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last school attended
We will evaluate your Associate degree and all transfer credit once you submit your application, application fee, and all transcripts. There is no guarantee that your Associate degree will seamlessly provide a General Education exemption.
- A 2.0 GPA does not guarantee admission; having a higher GPA makes you more competitive.
- Transferrable courses must be college-level and have a grade of C or higher.
- Please utilize the Transfer Credit Advisor for a list of courses that have previously transferred from your institution.
- Please keep in mind that these course equivalency lists are not exhaustive.
- Competitive majors such as Business, Computer Science, Software and Information Systems, and Engineering, require a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Engineering also requires completion of a transferrable Pre-Calculus class or higher.
- Nursing requires a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA. Nursing students can have no more than one (3) credit C in a nursing prerequisite course, which include:
- Chemistry I with lab
- Chemistry II with lab
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- Human Growth and Development
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions if you have questions.