Transfer from NC Community College
- Completion of the Minimum High School Course Requirements
- Students under the age of 21 by the time of enrollment at UNC Charlotte are required to have completed the Minimum High School Course Requirements or 24 hours of transferable college coursework
- Students who are 21 or older at the time of enrollment are not required to meet the Minimum High School Course Requirements but must have a demonstrated background in mathematics.
- 24 transferable semester hours from a regionally accredited institution. Students are encouraged to complete college coursework in English, Math, Science, Social Science, and History.
- 2.0 cumulative college GPA for all courses college-level courses
- Student must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last school attended
- A 2.0 GPA does not guarantee admission; having a higher GPA makes you more competitive.
- Transferrable courses must be college-level and have a grade of C or higher.
- Please utilize the Transfer Credit Advisor for a list of courses that have previously transferred from your institution.
- Please keep in mind that these course equivalency lists are not exhaustive.
- Competitive majors such as Business, Computer Science, and Engineering, require a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Engineering also requires completion of a transferrable Pre-Calculus class or higher.
- Nursing requires a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA. Nursing students can have no more than one (3) credit C in a nursing prerequisite course, which include:
- CHM 131 or CHM 151
- CHM 132 or CHM 152
- BIO 155
- BIO 165 or BIO 168
- BIO 166 or BIO 169
- BIO 170 or BIO 175
- PSY 241
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions if you have questions.