General Transfer Admission Requirements
- Minimum 24 transferable semester hours from a college or university accredited by an accepted accrediting body. Students are encouraged to complete college coursework in English, Math, Science, Social Science, and History.
- Applicants with less than 24 transferable credit hours may be reviewed on first-year criteria and may be asked to send SAT or ACT scores.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative college GPA for all college-level courses.
- Student must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last school attended.
- Completion of the Minimum High School Course Requirements
- Students under the age of 21 by the time of enrollment at Charlotte are required to have completed the Minimum High School Course Requirements or 24 hours of transferable college coursework.
- Students who do not meet the Minimum High School Course Requirements must have a demonstrated background in Mathematics.
- A 2.0 GPA does not guarantee admission; having a higher GPA makes you more competitive.
- Some majors are more competitive and have additional requirements. View major-specific requirements here.
- Transferable courses must be college-level, be taken at a regionally accredited college or university, and have a grade of C or higher.
- Please utilize the Transfer Credit Advisor for a list of courses that have previously transferred from your institution. Course equivalency lists are not exhaustive for any school except North Carolina community colleges.
Transferring with an Associate Degree?