First-Year Admitted for Spring
Congratulations on your admission to UNC Charlotte for the spring semester! Your academic achievement, extracurricular involvement and diverse experiences make you a great fit for the Niner Nation familly.
Initially applied for fall admissions and admitted for spring?
We understand that you initially planned to attend UNC Charlotte for the fall semester, but we hope you will consider the benefits of spring admission at Charlotte as you make your enrollment decision.
Learn more about the Spring 2024 enrollment process using this information sheet.
Why was I offered spring admission?
- Given our commitment to academic success for all students, we are unable to admit all the qualified applicants who wish to enroll for fall. We offer spring admission to students when we are at capacity for fall admission. Our offer is made to students who meet the admissions criteria, and who we feel will be academically successful.
Can my existing application be reconsidered for fall?
- In the event that space becomes available for the fall, we will look to the students who have confirmed their intent to enroll for spring to offer an earlier enrollment option. Space availability varies year to year. If we are able to offer you fall admission, we will contact you after May 1.
If my existing application cannot be reconsidered for fall admission, what should I plan to do for the fall?
- Students are highly advised to take classes at another institution for the fall and are expected to earn a “C” or better. A recommendation for the number of credit hours is 12-15. If you intend to take classes this Fall, then we recommend you reach out to one of our admissions counselors for any assistance you may need. Outside of fall coursework, additional options could be community service or employment.
Next Steps for all Admitted Freshmen for Spring:
Notify Admissions of your intent to enroll
- Once you have decided to attend UNC Charlotte, let us know you are enrolling by going to the “Submit Your Intent to Enroll” link under “Forms” in your Future 49er Portal.
- Admitted students are asked to submit their intent to enroll by June 1.
- An enrollment deposit is not required.
- You must submit your intent to enroll to reserve your orientation session (opens in October). However, you do not have to submit your intent to enroll to take action on the other next steps.
Follow us on Social Media!
- Follow @UNCCadmissions on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Meet other students like you who have been admitted and potentially find your future roommate!
Apply for financial aid as soon as possible after you are admitted
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required.
- Our school code is 002975.
- Apply for the 2022-2023 FAFSA, which is for Fall 2022/Spring 2023/Summer 2023 aid.
Activate Your NinerNET account
- Go ninernet.charlotte.edu and click on the “Activate Account” button, then follow the instructions provided.
- Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log in to My Charlotte (my.charlotte.edu), your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
Submit your official test scores
- If you have submitted unofficial scores, we will contact you if your official scores are needed.
- Official test scores must be received in Admissions before you can register for SOAR.
- Click here for more information about self-reported test scores.
- UNC Charlotte school codes: SAT: 5105; ACT: 3163
Reserve your spot for New Student Orientation
- All students are required to attend New Student Orientation.
- Sign up for your session beginning in October in the Future 49er Portal.
- Once you submit your Intent to Enroll in the Future 49er Portal, you will have access to the NSO reservation system when it opens.
- The spring NSO sessions will be held in early January, prior to the start of classes. Advising and course registration will take place prior to your in-person session.
Apply for on-campus housing
- The online housing application for Spring opens in October. Opening date for the housing application to be announced
- A $200 housing deposit is required to secure your spot on campus.
- You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
- You will receive this letter once you submit your intent to enroll – see number 1 above.
Submit health insurance info and upload your immunization records
- Students are required to have health insurance and proof of immunization.
- You have the option to remain on your own insurance or buy Student Blue Student Health Insurance.
- If you have health insurance coverage, you must submit a waiver of insurance or else you will be charged.
- Please upload your immunization record to the Student Health Center portal before you attend SOAR.
- High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center.
Review important tuition information
Do you plan to attend another college for the fall semester?
Do you have AP credits?
- Any AP or dual enrollment credits will be added to your record prior to SOAR as long as Admissions has received your official score report or transcripts.
Submit your final high school transcripts
- Required if you are currently enrolled in either high school or college.
- The final transcript must show your graduation date.
- Admission to the University is conditional on your satisfactory completion of courses.
- Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your final high school and/or college transcript is submitted to the Undergraduate Admissions office prior to enrollment.
- A registration hold will be placed on your record if a transcript is not received.
Submit your residency certification number
- If you claimed North Carolina residency on your admission application, and have not already done so, please complete the residency process with the Residency Determination Service at www.ncresidency.org and provide your residency certification number (RCN) to the admissions office as soon as possible to ensure your bill reflects the correct tuition rate.
- You may upload your RCN from your application portal. Please direct questions regarding residency to the Residency Determination Service at 844.319.3640.
Report any changes to Undergraduate Admissions
- Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing.
- Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.