Admitted International Students
Congratulations on your invitation to join Niner Nation! As a student at UNC Charlotte, you will be equipped with tools to make your mark intellectually while making a difference on campus and in the world. Your experience at UNC Charlotte will be enhanced by participation in internships, community partnerships and access to professors at the top of their fields. You will enjoy a deep sense of community through our more than 400 student organizations and make Niner Nation yours!
Students Admitted for Fall or Spring terms
Please follow these steps (if applicable) to complete your enrollment process:
Submit your Intent to Enroll
- You have done what it takes to be accepted to UNC Charlotte. Now it is time to accept the invitation.
- To confirm your enrollment, log in to your Future 49er Portal, view your acceptance letter, and submit your intent to enroll under “Forms.” There is no enrollment deposit.
Review your Transfer Credit Report – Transfer and Second-Degree Students only
Activate your NinerNET account
- Go to ninernet.charlotte.edu and click on the “Activate Account” button, then follow the instructions provided.
- Your NinerNET username can be found in your acceptance letter.
- Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log into MyCharlotte, your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
Get your I-20 if plan to study on F-1 Visa
- Submit your Financial Certification Form demonstrating the coverage of your education and personal expenses.
- This estimated cost of study at UNC Charlotte includes the average cost for tuition, fees, housing, meals, books, medical insurance, and miscellaneous expenses for one (1) academic year.
- If you are a transfer student, make sure to complete the SEVIS transfer form as well.
Determine your housing plans
- If you choose to live on campus, complete an online housing application and submit with your $200 housing deposit.
- You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
- If you decide to live off campus, our search database will help you learn more about the area and your off-campus housing options.
Plan your trip
- Apply for a student visa if needed.
- Most students arriving from abroad will try to fly into the Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), which is only about a 20 minute drive from UNC Charlotte’s campus.
- If you are an F-1 visa student, you can enter the US up to 30 days before the program start date (the date listed on your I-20) and no later than the actual program start date.
Submit your final official credential evaluation, test scores, or U.S. transcripts if needed
- Final official documents must be sent to Undergraduate Admissions prior to the beginning of your studies at UNC Charlotte.
- A registration hold will be placed on your record if the required documents are not received.
- If you currently have classes in progress, your admission to the university is contingent upon your satisfactory completion of those courses. Our office may rescind admission of students whose academic performance declines.
- Test Scores be sent electronically directly from test centers to UNC Charlotte. Use the following information when making an order on their website:
- SAT School Code: 5105
- ACT School Code: 3163
- TOEFL School Code: 5105
- IELTS: select UNC Charlotte Undergraduate Admissions
- PTE Academic: select UNC Charlotte
- Foreign Transcripts (choose from the following):
- Foreign documents are not processed by the Admissions Office. Request a course-by-course credential evaluation to be submitted by any NACES-accredited agency.
- Request your school/Ministry of Education/examination agency or another approved document issuing authority to mail documents directly to our office.
- If a school uses electronic delivery systems (for example, National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment) request your documents to be sent to UNC Charlotte Undergraduate Admissions.
- Drop off your official documents at Gage Undergraduate Admissions Center at UNC Charlotte. If only one original document was issued, request it to be returned at the time of submission.
- Foreign university transcripts:
- Foreign university documents are not processed by the Admissions Office. Request a course-by-course credential evaluation to be submitted by any NACES accredited agency.
- U.S. high school and college transcripts (choose from the following):
- Request for your school to mail transcripts directly to UNC Charlotte.
- Drop off the transcript in a closed sealed envelope at Gage Undergraduate Admissions Center at UNC Charlotte.
- Use your school’s electronic delivery systems (for instance, National Student ClearingHouse or Parchment) to submit an official electronic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reserve your spot for New Student Orientation
- All new incoming students are required to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) prior to the beginning of their classes.
- Start by submitting your Intent to Enroll form and paying your orientation fee in your Future 49er Portal to select your date and complete your reservation. More information on completing your orientation requirements is available on the NSO website.
- Students will complete their Pre-Orientation Checklist, including your New Student Modules and Virtual Advising and Registration, prior to attending your in-person session.
- Note: Students earning a second degree and/or any student beginning in the Summer I term must contact your academic department to schedule an advising appointment prior to registering for classes.
Attend the New International Student Orientation
- This is a free event hosted by the International Student and Scholar’s Office (ISSO).
- Prior registration is not required.
- Attendance is mandatory for all international students with F-1 visa status.
- This orientation covers important immigration and cross-cultural sessions designed to prepare new international students for studies in the US.
Review your Math Placement Level
- Prior to registering for math courses, students are required to take UNC Charlotte’s Math Placement Assessment.
- You are encouraged to complete the assessment prior to SOAR orientation to register for the correct level math class.
- Students are not required to take the Math Placement Assessment if they have one of the following:
Submit your immunization forms to the Student Health Center
- North Carolina state law requires anyone entering college to present a certificate of immunization that documents their compliance with all required immunizations.
- Please upload your immunization record to the Student Health Center portal before you attend SOAR.
- Please visit the Student Health Center website for the immunization form, the list of required vaccines and other information.
Show proof of health insurance or enroll in University sponsored health insurance plan
- All students are required to have health insurance while attending UNC Charlotte.
- You can buy Student Blue Student Health Insurance or enroll in another U.S. or your home country plan that meets the University’s minimum health insurance requirements.
- If you have your own health insurance coverage, you must submit a waiver form or else you will be charged.
- Students can submit the waiver after registering for classes/attending SOAR.
- Please visit the Student Health Center website for more information.
Plan your finances and payment of bills
- After you register for classes you will be required to pay your bill prior to each semester of your studies.
- All university bills are posted in your NinerNET student account, which is accessed through MyCharlotte.
- You can enroll in the UNC Charlotte payment plan and divide charges into smaller payments throughout the semester.
- Visit the Student Accounts billing information page for more on understanding and paying your bills. Check your University email regularly and keep track of the deadlines.
Report any changes to Undergraduate Admissions
- Change of major requests, visa information, address change, etc. must be requested or reported in writing to email@example.com.
- Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admissions must also be reported in writing to the Admissions Office.
Students Attending in Summer Term(s) Only
Visiting applicants are individuals that are currently enrolled at a college or university in the U.S. who wish to attend UNC Charlotte during one or both of our summer sessions. Visiting students need to maintain their immigration status at their college and be allowed to study at UNC Charlotte.
Email us for a virtual appointment via Zoom or Google Meet!
+1 (704) 687-5507
Gage Undergraduate Admissions Center
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28223
Be sure to create and check your Future 49er Portal for more information.