Transfers Admitted for Spring

Congratulations, Niner!

Please follow the steps below to complete your enrollment process as a transfer student.
  • Once you have decided to attend UNC Charlotte, send an email with your full name and student ID number to, and let us know that you intend to enroll for Spring.
  • The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required. Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA online as soon as possible to see if you are eligible for aid in Spring 2022.
  • You will also need to complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA for Fall eligibility. 
  • If you submit your 2021-2022 FAFSA by Jan 1, you will receive an award decision by Mar 1. If you submit your FAFSA by March 1, you will receive an award decision by Apr 15. Our school code is 002975.
  • Go to and click on the “Activate Account" button, then follow the instructions provided.
  • Your NinerNET Account is your official university username and password that you will use to log in to My UNC Charlotte (, your university email account, register for classes, and other university resources.
  • If you choose to live on campus, complete an online housing application and submit with your $200 housing deposit.
  • You will need your UNC Charlotte ID and email address located in the top right of your acceptance letter to apply for housing online.
  • If you decide to live off campus, our search database will help you learn more about the area and your off-campus housing options.
  • At the one-day Transfer SOAR (Student Orientation Advising and Registration) program, you will receive academic advising and register for classes. 
  • Students earning a second degree must contact your academic department to schedule an advising appointment prior to registering for classes.
  • At SOAR, you will meet with your academic advisor, register for classes, take any necessary placement exams, and get your student ID card. 
  • You are encouraged to attend the earliest SOAR possible.
  • Students are required to have health insurance and proof of immunization. 
  • You have the option to remain on your own insurance or buy Student Blue Student Health Insurance
  • If you have health insurance coverage, you must submit a waiver of insurance or else you will be charged. 
  • Please upload your immunization record to the Student Health Center portal before you attend SOAR.
  • High school transcripts most often do NOT contain the complete history required by the Student Health Center and the admissions office is not able to transfer copies of high school transcripts from admissions to the Student Health Center. 
  • The Office of Adult Students and Evening Services (OASES) provides advising services for students over the age of 24 and is open during the day and early evening hours to serve those students taking evening courses.
  • If you currently have classes in progress, your admission to the university is contingent upon your satisfactory completion of those courses.
  • You must submit a final college transcript showing your final grades in your current coursework prior to enrollment.
  • A registration hold will be placed on your record if the final college transcript is not submitted. 
  • Be mindful that evaluations of transfer credit cannot be completed until we receive your final, official college transcript(s).
  • Our office may rescind admission on students whose academic performance declines. Transfer students must maintain an overall 2.0 grade point average to enroll in the University.

Second Degree Students:

  • Because you have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, you have satisfied the UNC Charlotte general education requirements.
  • Second Degree candidates receive 90 hours of transfer credit from their first bachelor's degree. 
  • Second Degree students who are in the RN-to-BSN program receive 52 credit hours.
  • The Admissions Office will not prepare a course-by-course evaluation of your academic transcript, however, we will evaluate all prior coursework and award course credit for those courses that meet major-specific prerequisites. The remaining credit hours will be awarded as transfer elective credit.
  • If you claimed North Carolina residency on your admission application, and have not already done so, please complete the residency process with the Residency Determination Service at and provide your residency certification number (RCN) to the admissions office as soon as possible to ensure your bill reflects the correct tuition rate.
  • You may upload your RCN from your application portal. Please direct questions regarding residency to the Residency Determination Service at 844.319.3640. 
  • Change of major requests, change of address, change of current schedule, etc. must be requested or reported in writing.
  • Criminal charges, any type of school disciplinary action, or any type of military discharge other than honorable that occurs after you submitted the application for admission must also be reported in writing to the Admissions office.