Receiving Your Decision
NOTE: Decisions for applications that are completed by the Nov. 1 Early Action deadline will be mailed and posted in the Future 49er Portal no later than Jan. 30. Decisions for applications that are completed by the Feb. 1 Regular Decision deadline will be mailed and posted in the Future 49er portal no later than Apr. 1.
Once you submit your application, you may check your application status in your Future 49er Portal.
- Please allow 3 to 5 business days for your application and documents sent through the Common App to show in your Future 49er Portal.
- All applications and documents are time-stamped with your actual submission date and time. Even if you don’t see your application or documents in your portal immediately, we note when they were originally submitted via the Common App and process your application accordingly.
Future 49er Portal
- Your Future 49er Portal will display that a decision has been made after your complete application has been received and reviewed. See Deadlines and Notifications to view the notification timeframe. Keep in mind that only complete applications will receive a decision (application, fee and all documents submitted by that date).
- After your portal displays when a decision has been made, it will take 7 to 10 days for you to receive your decision letter in the mail.
- If you have been admitted, view our Next Steps Checklists for a list of action items for enrollment.
- If your decision is deferred, we ask that you follow some of the next steps and helpful tips on the Deferred Students page.
- If your application is denied, consider applying as a transfer student after completing the Transfer Admission Requirements.