Applying for Conditional Admission
Undergraduate applicants who are unable to meet the English proficiency requirements are welcome to apply for conditional admission. Students will attend UNC Charlotte English Language Training Institute (ELTI) to improve their English proficiency and gain guaranteed admission for their bachelor’s degree program.
- To be considered for conditional admission, you must meet all admission requirements for UNC Charlotte, except providing Proof of English Proficiency.
- Please visit international freshmen, international transfer, or international second degree admission webpages to learn more on how to submit your application.
- In addition, you must apply and attend the English Language Training Institute (ELTI) at UNC Charlotte. ELTI will provide you with English language support and prepare you for the further studies at the university.
- Once your English is strong enough to start your bachelor degree program, you can be fully admitted.
- During your last semester at ELTI, contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office to complete your full enrollment and to start taking classes in your major. No additional application is needed.