Applying for Fall 2024 Admission
There’s no better time than now to become a 49er!
Required Application Materials
1. Complete and submit your online application.
- Applications can be submitted via the Future 49er Portal, Common App or CFNC.
2. Pay the $75 application fee or submit an approved fee waiver.
3. Submit an official high school transcript.
- High school transcripts must be mailed directly from the high school. Schools using Naviance, Scribbles or CFNC may submit electronic transcripts through those electronic delivery systems. If you attended a high school outside the U.S., please refer to our International Admissions information for submission guidelines.
4. Submit one required essay.
- If you are applying using the Common App, the essay prompts are located within the application and must be submitted when you apply. You may choose from these Common App essay prompts.
- If you are applying by CFNC or the Future 49er Application, choose from one of these essay prompts. It is preferred that you upload it to the Future 49er Portal in the “Upload Materials” section. If you experience any issues uploading it in your portal, you may email it to email@example.com.
- Review this page for information on how your essay will be used in the admission review process.
Optional Application Materials
The following are OPTIONAL for the current application cycle and due by the document submission deadline.
We will consider many factors about your academic background, opportunities, accomplishments and activities – much of which is gathered from your application, transcript and essay(s). You can decide to submit standardized test scores if you think they add value to our review, or you can choose not to submit them if you want us to focus more intently on your high school record and other supporting documents.
1. SAT or ACT Test Scores
- For 2024 first-year applicants, submitting the SAT or ACT is optional through Fall 2024.
- Test scores, if submitted, will not be the primary reason for our admission decision; they are considered in context and as supplemental information.
- You may provide self-reported SAT or ACT test scores on your application. Click here for more information about self-reported test scores.
2. Personal Statements or Recommendation Letters
- While applicants are not required to submit additional materials beyond the application, high school transcript, and essay, we understand that some students may wish to submit supporting documentation such as letters of recommendation, personal statements, etc.
- To ensure that any supporting documentation is received in time for review, it would be most helpful to have those documents submitted within two weeks of the application deadline. These documents may be uploaded to the Future 49er Portal under the “Upload Materials” section.
Please check your Future 49er Portal to ensure all documents have been received. The portal is updated in real-time.
Fall Admission Deadlines and Notifications
*Transcripts, fee or fee waiver, essay, optional test scores and any other optional supporting documents must be received by Undergraduate Admissions within two weeks of the application deadline (Nov. 15 / Feb. 15) to receive a decision by the notification date. Deadlines that fall on a weekend will automatically be extended to 11:59 p.m. on the following Monday.
**Decisions are not binding.
|APPLICATION SUBMITTED BY*:||YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED OF OUR DECISION BY:|
|Nov. 1||Jan. 30|
|Feb. 1||Apr. 1|
|After Feb. 1||After Apr. 1 depending on space available|
Spring Admissions Deadlines
First-year students applying for spring terms should apply no later than Nov. 1 and submit all documents by Nov. 15. Please apply through either the Future 49er Portal or CFNC for first-year spring admission.