Deadlines & Review
First-Year Application Deadlines
Please Note: To meet the deadlines listed below, all documents required for the application process must be submitted to UNC Charlotte by the deadline date indicated below.
|Application submitted by:
|You will be notified of our decision by:
|After February 1
|After April 1 depending on space available
*Freshmen applying for Spring terms should apply no later than Nov. 1 and submit all documents by Nov. 15.
Additional Application Requirements for Majors
Students interested in Art, Architecture, or Music are especially encouraged to apply early to provide enough time to complete the supplemental application for both programs.
- Art Majors: Please review your portfolio submission deadlines and requirements here.
- Architecture Majors: Please review your portfolio submission deadlines and requirements here.
- Music Majors: Please review your audition requirements here.
How we review
We understand that curriculums differ across the globe and our admissions review process is committed to understanding the intricacies of each curriculum.
- We are looking for strong grades and competitive courses beginning your first year of high school. We’ll consider your courses in progress as well so finish out strong.
- Schools offer a variety of curricula so we don’t require specific courses. However, Engineering, Computer Science, Business, and Nursing majors are more competitive for admission. Students are expected to have an above-average academic performance, especially in Math and Science classes
- We recommend completion of 4 courses of English language and literature, 4 courses of Mathematics, 3 courses of Science, 2 courses of History/Social Science, and 2 courses of the same Foreign Language (which may be English).
- We encourage you to take challenging courses your school may offer that prove your ability for future success. If offered, we recommend taking AP, IB, and A or AS-level courses.
- Strong grades in these courses will not only strengthen your academic record but you may also receive course credit for them.
- All students will be expected to have completed the pre-university curriculum in their country prior to enrolling at UNC Charlotte. For example, students from a British-based education system will need to have completed A Levels and students in a French-based system will complete the Baccalaureate.
- We encourage you to apply early to provide sufficient time to ensure that your application materials are submitted by the deadline above.
- If you are outside of the US, applying earlier than the deadline will allow sufficient time for visa processing.