Create Your Future 49er Portal
Ready to apply? If you haven’t already done so, create your Future 49er Portal - it’s your connection to the admissions office and will give you access to apply and check your application status.
3 Ways to Apply for Admission
- Apply using the UNC Charlotte Future 49er Application
- Apply using the Common App (Freshmen only)
- Apply using the CFNC Application
Information for Freshmen Regarding Fee Waivers
Fee Waivers and Eligibility
- The only fee waivers we accept are ACT, College Board, NACAC, SCOIR, and Common App.
- Only current high school seniors are eligible for these approved application fee waivers.
Submitting Fee Waivers
UNC Charlotte Future 49er Application
- You may select the fee waiver option on the UNC Charlotte Future 49er Application. However, your application will remain incomplete and unprocessed until we receive your fee waiver.
- Official fee waivers must be submitted to the undergraduate admissions office by uploading the waiver to your Future 49er Portal under "Upload Materials."
- Letters from school administrators/counselors are NOT accepted as official fee waivers. Students MUST send official copies of the College Board, ACT or NACAC fee waivers to be considered for the application fee waiver.
- If you feel that your financial circumstances might qualify you for an application fee waiver, you can request a fee waiver in the Common Application Fee Waiver section in the Profile section of the Common App.
- Your counselor will be asked to complete a Fee Waiver form to affirm your request for a fee waiver.
- The CFNC application requires payment by credit or debit card, so students must use the UNC Charlotte Future 49er Application or Common App to use a fee waiver.
- The CFNC application will support fee waivers only during College Application Week.
- Students applying with an official fee waiver must submit the ACT, College Board, or NACAC fee waiver to continue the processing of this application.