Deadlines & Process
|APPLICATION & FEE PAYMENT DEADLINE*
|TRANSCRIPTS & DOCUMENTS DEADLINE
* Application and payment of $80 application fee must be received by the date shown for each term.
Supplemental Application Process
- Review the Second Degree Admissions Requirements for information on criteria used to determine admission to UNC Charlotte.
- If you are applying for Architecture, Art, Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Music or Nursing, please make sure to meet additional application requirements. Some majors have earlier application deadlines and require an audition or a portfolio submission.
- You will apply online through your Future 49er Portal. Make sure to indicate all of your activities since high school graduation, including all of the colleges attended and your work experience. If you have any gaps in your activities for longer than three months, please submit a brief explanation in the education section of your application.
- Once we receive all the required documents, the review process normally takes approximately 6-8 weeks. Please know that processing times may vary throughout the year, with priority given to applications for the upcoming term.
- You can monitor your application status, verify receipt of transcripts, schedule visits, and much more through your Future 49er Portal.
- During this time, we encourage you to utilize the Transfer Credit Advisor to see how your courses may transfer to UNC Charlotte.
- If you are admitted to UNC Charlotte, you will see a letter from us in your Future 49er Portal with your student credentials.
- The admissions office does not evaluate and award transfer credits for second-degree students. Your departmental advisor will review your prior credits to determine if you have any coursework that will satisfy second-degree requirements.
- If you are admitted and confirm your intent to enroll, please complete your next steps prior to the beginning of your studies.